Kyle McKearney announces tour dates and shares new single ‘Grandfather’
Kyle McKearney has emerged as one of the leading Canadian voices within the Americana scene since the release of his 2021 debut solo album Down-Home. Recently named one of SiriusXM’s Top of the Country Semi-Finalists, the Calgary-based singer-songwriter also took second place in the 2022 edition of Project Wild, Alberta’s most prestigious artist development program. He amassed 850,000 global streams in just over a year.
Born and raised in small-town northern British Columbia, Kyle McKearney grew up immersed in country and bluegrass music. He followed that passion by moving to Nashville upon finishing high school, where he absorbed the city’s musical atmosphere.
He made his way back to Canada, where he started to truly focus on his career in music. One of his various music projects was the alt-pop band the New Electric, which found success on the radio in 2016, allowing him to tour with Backstreet Boy Nick Carter. The New Electric evolved into the band KROWNS in 2018, and its harder-edged sound attracted the attention of Queen drummer Roger Taylor. Kyle and Roger wrote a song together then Kyle joined the touring cast of Queen’s musical theatre show We Will Rock You in 2019. Kyle then returned to his Americana roots and wrote and co-produced Down-Home.
Kyle is now in the process of previewing new music from his highly-anticipated sophomore album, starting with his latest single “Grandfather,” available now on all digital platforms. Kyle explained the inspiration behind the song.
“‘Grandfather’ is a vision of what I would say to my grandchildren when I die,” he said. “Memories are all we’re left with, and life is shorter than we plan. So live your best life, celebrate, love and stay present.”
The arrival of “Grandfather” coincides with his announcement dates of his major Canadian tour taking place this summer. There will be a string of shows with platinum-selling Nashville artist Kip Moore.
See Kyle McKearney live:
- July 14 – Energetic County Fair, Fort St. John BC (w/ The Washboard Union) (LINK)
- July 15 – Oxford Stomp 2022, Calgary AB (w/ The Black Crowes, Our Lady Peace & Serena Ryder) :: LINK
- July 21 – Kee To Bala, Bala, ON (w/ Kip Moore) LINK
- July 22 – Grace Hartman Amphitheatre, Sudbury, ON (w/ Kip Moore) LINK
- Juiy 23 – Monashee Music Festival 2022, Kamloops, BC LINK
- July 25 – Burton Cummings Theatre, Winnipeg, MB (w/ Kip Moore) LINK
- July 26 – Conexus Arts Centre, Regina, SK (w/ Kip Moore) LINK
- July 28 – Jack Singer Concert Hall, Calgary, AB (w/ Kip Moore) LINK
Keep up with all of Kyle’s activities at www.imkylemckearney.com and on socials everywhere @imkylemckearney.