Registration is now open for next summer’s Old School Bluegrass Camp Song Writing Camp
Old School Bluegrass Camp presents its third Song Writing Camp June 17 to 19, 2022, featuring master classes with Paul Langlois (The Tragically Hip) and Amy Millan (Stars, Broken Social Scene) and workshops with Kristine Schmitt, Jenny Whiteley and Joey Wright.
Registration is open and sign-up is at: https://oldschoolbluegrasscamp.wordpress.com/popup-camps/
Old School Song Writing Camp is nestled among the rolling hills, forests and fields in the tiny hamlet community of Elphin, ON on the home property of camp director Jenny Whiteley and head cook Joey Wright.
Old School Song Writing Camp Includes:
- Six homemade and delicious meals served hot on site.
- On-site camping with your own tent or trailer, or you can rent a ‘glamping’ tent with a bed, comfy bedding and battery powered lighting for an additional fee ($175.00).
- Camp amenities: heated private outdoor showers, clean and airy private outdoor washrooms and sinks with running potable well water.
- master classes with world-renowned songwriters, including exclusive concert performances
- workshops all weekend to cover performance anxiety and stage fright, how to write with others, tackling difficult subject matter, music theory for songwriters, getting ‘out of your own way’ and much more
- song circles around the campfire, performance opportunities in a safe space
- unlimited inspiration!
Songwriters with any level of experience are welcome, and participants don’t need to play an instrument to attend. Accompanists are available as part of the staff team, and an electric keyboard is provided for songwriters who write with piano.
All participants are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and all health and safety protocols will be in place. Both outdoor and indoor spaces are provided for workshops, classes, performances and meals.
$625.00 – weekend with camping with your own tent or trailer
$325.00 – camp companion
$175.00 – option to rent a ‘glamping’ tent in addition to camp fees
All fees are subject to HST.
This is an amazing opportunity to intimately study the art of songwriting in a welcoming, safe environment with two of Canada’s most stellar songwriters in a beautiful natural setting this June!
More information is at: https://oldschoolbluegrasscamp.wordpress.com/
And you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.