Highlights March 13-20
The Roots Music Canada weekly wrap-up:
- Juno-winning Québécois folk band Le Vent du Nord visited the shed, shared some songs and did two interviews with Roots Music Canada Executive Producer Andy Frank—one in each official language.
- A vital part of the folk and roots music scene, house concerts are rarely discussed in the media. Longtime house concert host Steve Tennant shares his perspective on this phenomenon.
- Seventeen years after releasing his first album, Ben Sures won the John Lennon Songwriting Award in 2005, and he’s just been shortlisted for the International Songwriting Award for the third time. Watch Ben in conversation about the craft with our Editor in Chief, David Newland.
- Fish & Bird are a young five-piece whose progressive folk music and honest lyrics made quite an impression on our Meghan Sheffield, who reviewed their upcoming album Every Whisper is a Shout Across the Void.
- As if you hadn’t noticed by now—check out our new design!